Please show your support of our neighbors, the Onondagas:
- Educate yourself and others with background materials from our website, from the Onondaga Nation website or other reputable sources
- Write a letter to the editor of the Post-Standard and other publications
- Request a presentation by NOON, or a Witness to Injustice program for your faith community/school/community organization, or organize a house party
- Attend a craft fair or public cultural event at the Onondaga Nation
- Get involved with NOON; complete our Get Involved form (PDF) and send it back to us
- Speak up in every day conversation that the issue is acknowledgement of land rights and justice; listen to friends, family, coworkers, neighbors and then express your support, knowledge and experience to correct misconceptions, increase understanding and dispel fears
- Clarify that the people of the Onondaga Nation have stated that they will not evict anyone remind others that no one has ever been evicted because of a land claim; emphasize the focus of redress by the Onondagas on the environment which we all share.
Table at Events
A critical (but easy) way to help NOON, is to join us in staffing our information table at events. The more people we have on the tabling team, the more events we can staff and the more outreach we can do.
You, yourself, might have stopped at one of our tables, signed up for this listserv and picked up some of our materials (many of which are free) – so you know how important tabling is.
To help with staffing a table you need to:
- Be supportive of the traditional government of the Onondaga Nation and NOON’s work
- Enjoy talking to people
- Be available to volunteer 2-3 hours (a typical tabling shift) occasionally.
If you’d like to learn more, we are happy to provide an orientation and a partner to work with you (we always have 2 people). If you helped in the past, we invite you to come help again.
Additional benefits of staffing a table is that you get to participate in amazing events, meet many interesting people and learn. Tabling can be that extra incentive to get you to events you’d like to go to anyways!
Do you know of events that you think might be good venues for us? Please let us know. We are happy to do smaller events, as well as, the larger ones.
If you are interested and want to know more, please contact Andy Mager via email or at 315-559-7058.