Our goals are to:
- Promote understanding of and respect for the Onondaga Nation, as well as the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and all indigenous peoples.
- Provide accurate information about the Onondaga Nation and their current issues of concern, such as their Land Rights Action.
- Challenge racism towards the Onondaga, Haudenosaunee and all indigenous peoples through education, building relationships, and encouraging shared experiences between the people of our Nations.
- Support and collaborate with the Onondaga Nation and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy in their initiatives to promote environmental healing and restore respectful relationships between the governments of our respective Nations.
- Advocate at all levels of our government for just and fair treatment of the Onondaga and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, including clear recognition of their sovereignty.
- Work for the full implementation of the “UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.”
NOON Steering Committee
The NOON Steering Committee tracks progress on projects, discusses issues and sets the direction for our work. Members may choose to work on a specific project, as their time and inclination permits.
You are welcome to attend a Steering Committee meeting.
This can be a good way to learn about our projects and see where you might become more active with NOON. Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, currently via ZOOM.
Since new people often have a lot of questions, we recommend talking with one of our contact people before the meeting.