It’s exciting to think that SPC’s 53rd annual Plowshares Craftsfair & Peace Festival is Dec 2-3. Plowshares is an opportunity to step into the kind of world we’re working so hard to create: a place of justice, of peace, of compassion, of environmental sustainability. Plowshares, SPC’s largest fundraiser of the year, is a labor of love that comes together thanks to the help of many volunteers.
Plowshares is not only for the community, but it is created by the community. The Plowshares committee is active all year; the SPC staff and other volunteers step up from October on. Everyone is needed and can play a part.
There are many ways large and small to help both beforehand and during the weekend long event:
- Publicity and outreach: Help with lawn signs, flier distribution, make calls, outreach to faith communities, etc.
- Silent Auction: Help find Silent Auction items, prepare the display for the items
- SPC Marketplace: Create the Peace Calendar and other displays, do inventory
- SPC Info Table: Help assemble written materials, put together the SPC Year in Review display
- Help with needs as they arise: Run errands, repair things, phone calls, small tasks
- Volunteer for a work shift during the weekend itself: Join the packing and set-up crew or take a work shift (or more) during the weekend.
Also, there are ways you can just help out on your own:
- Share the event on social media! Share the Facebook event and invite your Facebook friends, and check out SPC’s Instagram. Share posts as you see them – we’ll be posting about crafters, entertainment, the Silent Auction, the Marketplace, and more as we get closer to the event.
- Download & print out the flier here and post it around places you know – and/or get in touch with us for a list of locations to post.
- Bring someone who hasn’t been to Plowshares.
Many thanks for all you do! Please don’t hesitate to be in touch with Lee firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or ideas.