Come to Plowshares this Weekend!
With 130 craftspeople and community groups, it is a marketplace of ideas and beautifully diverse, hand made items.
It is also a peace festival, with music, food and a spirit of fellowship. It's a wonderful opportunity to connect at year's end with old and new friends and share in the life of a village marketplace that has no corporate headquarters.
Click HERE to find full details, links to a slideshow, videos, the entertainment schedule, menu, and a list of craftspeople.
Start the bidding in our Silent Auction here - vacation cottages, health and wellness and more!
For more info contact Carol@peacecouncil.net.
Also check out these resources & commentaries:
- Conference call with Phyllis Bennis, writer, activist and analyst on the Middle East, of the Institute for Policy Studies, "Terrorism Survives Wars, People Don't"
- Interviews with US Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard about US foreign policy in Syria, before and after the attacks in Paris
- The Guardian's Martin Chulov reports on the origins of ISIS at US prison Camp Bucca in Iraq, "ISIS: The Inside Story"
- Freedom Rider Margaret Kimberley discusses her experience as part of the International League of Peoples Struggles and comments on the West's blowback-generating practices in the context of the Paris attacks, "Solidarity and the ILPS"
- Vijay Prashad, director of International Studies at Trinity College, "The Doctrine of 9/11 Anti-Immigration"
- Lamis Andoni, analyst and commentator, "ISIL and the West: A Clash of Savageries"
From the Peace Newsletter
SPC In Action
Over 2,500 people marched through the streets of Syracuse, NY on September 29th to call for Immediate Withdrawal of US troops from Iraq. (Photo: R. Barnabas, T. Forsyth)
- 1 of 12