Youth & Militarism Principles of Agreement
Agreed to: 1 January 2005
• Young people deserve full information about choices that they face regarding war and military service.
• The community has a responsibility to ensure that young people have sufficient access to this information.
• Our coalition recognizes that military recruiters target more heavily low-income and people of color and we will put special emphasis on reaching these youth.
• Participation in war is a life-changing decision and should be undertaken only after serious thought and reflection.
• Citizens in a democracy have a responsibility to question and discuss policies related to war considered by their government.
• Our coalition promotes the nonviolent resolution of conflict-among people, in our community and among nations.
• Everyone has the right to a college education and job training. They should be readily available and affordable.